Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Second week...


Favorite toy:)

Going on our second week and Scotch is doing great!

On Monday, I believe he was perplexed from the other dog in the house over the weekend so he spent most of Monday at my heels. Literally! Scotch rested at and a few times on my heels every where I went! By evening he relaxed a bit:)

Tuesday he was on a stubborn streak. Constantly testing authority. By the end of the day he obeyed his commands. He even
went outside to answer his nature call all by himself! I was very impressed!!

Today is cleaning day which means....the vacuum! I placed the vacuum on the top floor, turned it on and let it be.
Scotch sniffed, lunged and attacked! But before he could wrap his mouth around the vacuum I poked him and said NO. I did that a few more times and he slowly understood I had it under control~ his abrasive service was not needed:)

We went on to the stairs and he was introduced to the vacuum arm. He sniffed and gave a stare down. I poked said NO and we
went on our entertaining way.

Next floor, stare down~ poke and NO.


Third floor, he appeared to be submissive to the vacuum~out of the ordinary!?! I then introduced him, he sniffed walked around
it and kissed me. YAY!! We made friends with the vacuum.

One more floor to go!

We are now in the basement. No sniffing, no barking, no snipping, no lunging, and no attacking for the last two floors! Scotch walked around as if the vacuum did not exist:) Fantastic!!

Beautiful work Scotch!!

Fun Fact; We learned that Scotch does not like to DROP IT. He definitely loves to fetch. I did some research and came across an idea. Cut a tennis ball 2 inches long and place treats inside and toss the ball and he will want to DROP IT when he sees a treat come out. Awesome idea right? Not so much! Scotch really does not like to DROP IT. I would approach the ball and he would act like I was trying to steal it LOL!! Then I thought of an idea. He has two of every toy. I will throw one and when he returns it I will say DROP IT and then throw the second toy. Brilliant!!! It works! He fetches, I say COME and he returns with the ball. I say DROP IT. He drops. I say ready and he does his 'I'm ready to dart across this backyard' stance! Cute:) He is also learning to keep all paws on the ground~ he gets very excited when he sees me grab 2 tennis balls now!! He is adorable:)

MayBerry Lane

1 comment:

  1. Scotch, it was so great to see you at the adoption event today! You look great! And I can tell your foster mom is taking such good care of you :) I can also tell she's falling in love with you :) but who wouldn't, right??

    I have a couple photos I took of you from the event today that i'll send to your foster mom :)

    one of your many admirers,
    Marilou

    ReplyDelete