Monday, March 9, 2009

Exploring the front yard




Scotch graduated from Obedience Level 1, YAY!! He practices all the commands because he knows nothing is free without pleasing his foster family:)

Scotch also has learned to trust, respect, and obey my children and their friends:) He really enjoys playing with them! Speaking of children, at the last adoption day my kids came with and Scotch spent the entire time pleasing them and paid little attention to the visitors, LOL!! He jsut wanted to go home and play ALL day. My kids really know how to encourage a nap out of him and he does not go willing, always wanting to play!! Scoth spends all day on Monday's recovering from the active weekends when my kids are with me. He sleeps the entire day! I have to wake him up to go play fetch, LOL!! He has met his match:)

Scotch has made friends with the backyard neighbor dog, Bailey. She is a very confident black lab mix and she enjoys chasing Scotch back and forth along the fence. They both like to jump on each others shadows. It's very funny to see two dogs flying in the air like superman and bounce around with excited barks, LOL!!( I will capture it on video next time and I noticed yesterday that they both have alcohol names, LOL!!) Our next door neighbor recently purchased a Shitzu puppy name Lily, very adorable. Scotch is reaching out and learning to be friendly with his new neighbors:)

The front yard brought new opportunites for us humans and Scotch to learn our new training skills for dog aggression. There were many dog walkers out this weekend and Scotch did very well for his first time! He did bark at each dog once until we stepped in and he calmed down. He sniffed the air and walked away; keep in mind he is hooked to a leash that is hooked to another leash and wrapped around a tree~baby(puppy) steps:) At the end of an hour in the front yard he only only wanted to follow me around, just like indoors:) Scotch is a wonderful dog and every neighbor that walked by stopped to comment on his beauty and well mannered behavior! I even heard my boyfriend tell one of the neighbors that we may buy him ourselves (I have been waiting for this moment, YAY!!).

In two weeks we are going to have a visitor and eventually a roommate. His name is Howard and he is a 6 year old Golden Retreiver! He is a very calm and playful and I believe he will provide Scotch with great skills. He is my kids dog at their dad' s house. He lost his job and home due to the economy and instead of giving the dog to an unknown family I offered to help him and our kids by offering Howard a place to live until they all find a place to call home again. So, in two weeks we are going to have Howard over for the weekend and slowly introduce the two. It will be an eventful weekend and I will be taking a relaxing vacation soon after:)

MayBerry Lane

No comments:

Post a Comment